Pink Sauce pasta is also known as mixed sauce pasta. Pink sauce pasta recipe is a perfect blend of the creaminess of white sauce and tanginess from red sauce.
Pasta is an Italian type of food which is typically made from the dough of wheat flour with water or eggs. You must have tasted pasta in a white sauce,red sauce and pesto sauce, but have you ever tried the alluring pink sauce pasta recipe? This easy- going, silky recipe of pink sauce pasta will give your taste buds a boost. Pasta tossed with a creamy pink sauce is totally amazing and lip smacking.
You can try to turn the pink sauce pasta recipe into a little healthy snack for your little one by adding vegetables like bell peppers, baby corn, broccoli and many more.
Read the article to know the step by step process for the recipe of pink sauce pasta.
Pink sauce pasta recipe
Before starting the pasta in pink sauce recipe you must know about which type of noodle shape is best to use.
We usually use whatever pasta shape is available in our pantry,but it is highly suggestable to use a tabular shaped pasta.
Let us tell you that there are more than 7 shapes of pasta available in the market. And using the tabular shaped pasta will only make the dish more delicious because the tube is able to hold lots of sauce inside it which makes the pink sauce recipe for pasta more tasty.
You can also use Penne rigate, rigatoni, gemelli, bucatini for this recipe of pink sauce pasta. But it is recommended not to use farfalle, macaroni and any other tiny shaped pasta for the recipe because it won’t stick the same way with the pink sauce.
How to boil perfect pasta?
Before you start on the sauce you’ll get the pasta ready to boil.
Follow the steps given below to boil pasta for the recipe of pink sauce pasta:
- To make sure pasta doesn’t stick, follow the ratio of 1:5 for boiling the pasta. Means for 1 cup pasta, boil 5 cup water.
- Add water in the pot and add salt to it.
- Also add 2 tsp of oil, to ensure pasta doesn’t stick.
- When water starts boiling add pasta to it.
- Stir the pasta but don’t break it while stirring. Pasta will soften within 15 minutes.
- To check if it got cooked, you must bite it. Pasta should be firm to bite. If it feels mushy it means it gets over cooked.
- Remove the pasta from the water. Keep the reserved water aside.
- Spread the boiled pasta on a plate and drizzle some oil over it. This will not let pasta stick to each other.
How to Prepare Pink Sauce Pasta Recipe?
Follow the steps given below to make a delicious pasta in pink sauce recipe:
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time. : 10 minutes
Total Time. : 30 minutes
Course : Dinner
Cuisine. : Italian
Servings. : 2
Following are the ingredients used for mixed sauce pasta recipe:
For White Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour/ maida or wheat flour
- 1 cube grated cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
For Red Sauce
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2-3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Few basil leaves
For Sautéing vegetables
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ green capsicum, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 5-6 baby corn, sliced or chopped
Step by step process to cook the recipe of pink sauce pasta.
- Firstly we will saúte all the vegetables and keep them aside.
- After saúting we will make pink pasta sauce in a different pan.
- Then, we will make paste using the flour, water, tomato puree and ketchup.
- After making paste, we will add saùted vegetables in it.
- After making the sauce, we will add pasta to it.
- Then after mixing, add seasoning .
- Stir well, garnish with basil leaves. And your pasta will be ready.
Complete step by step instructions
You can check the complete instructions for making pink sauce pasta below:
For Sautéing vegetables
- Heat 2tbsp olive oil in a pan, add chopped onion and saúte till soft.
- Add sliced capsicum, bell peppers and corn. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the vegetables.
For Making Pasta sauce
- Heat butter in a pan and add chopped garlic, saúte for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tbsp flour and stir constantly till the raw smell of flour goes away.
- Then add water to the flour slowly slowly and stir continuously, try not to form lumps.
- Cook the paste till it thickens.
- Add grated cheese and tomato puree, mix well.
- Also, add tomato ketchup,stir well.
- Add oregano, red chilli flakes and pepper powder.
- Also, add salt and basil leaves, mix well.
Adding saúted vegetables and pasta sauce
- Now add the saúted vegetables in pasta sauce.
- Add the boiled pasta in it.
- Mix well. When the pasta will coat with sauce, turn off the flame.
- If the sauce is thicken then you can add the reserved pasta water.
- Garnish oregano, red chilli flakes and basil leaves, serve hot.
- You can add more vegetables according to your taste. Adding mushroom, broccoli, carrot, and beans makes the mixed sauce pasta recipe more delicious and healthy.
- Always, put water little by little in the flour, to make sure lumps won’t form.
- Tomato puree for pasta in pink sauce recipe- blanch the tomato in hot water and then remove the skin.
- If you want thin sauce for the pink sauce pasta recipe, add more milk in the sauce.
- You can add ¼ cup fresh cream to the pink sauce recipe for pasta for creamy taste.
- Before serving, mix the tomato puree in the white sauce.
- You can also make the sauce in advance for the easy mixed sauce pasta recipe. Just store the sauce in a glass jar, warm it when you need it.
Following table contains the nutritional information for the easy mixed sauce pasta recipe:
|Nutrition||Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
For more information like pink sauce pasta recipe, mixed sauce pasta recipe or recipe of pink sauce pasta, keep visiting the website.
For recipe of Banana Bread, Click here