Are you looking for an easy and delicious party snack? Then you should definitely try this easy and crispy recipe for cheese balls.Cheese balls are loved by everyone, including the kids.
The recipe for cheese balls is a mouth-watering easy to prepare snack made with potatoes and cheese.
These potatoes cheese balls can be made in different ways. This recipe is super quick and easy to make. You can also freeze the extra balls for later use.
Read on to know about the step by step process for the recipe of cheese balls.
Recipe of Cheese Balls
The recipe for cheese balls has become an overnight star at every house party, birthday celebration and get-togethers. Cheese balls are mildly flavoured snacks that are loved by everyone. You can serve these with chutney or any dip. The snack is crispy from outside and gooey cheesy texture from inside.
The snack is made with mashed potatoes and cheese with some mild spices and bread crumbs for coating.
Cheese balls can be made in different ways, you can also make this recipe without potatoes. Just wrap some cheese inside the bread and dip it inside the maida paste. The cheese balls can be deep fried, pan fried, air fried or even baked. The recipe over here is for deep fried cooking but you can choose to pan fry or air fry it, according to your wish.
How to make cheese balls healthier?
Though the recipe contains cheese as a main ingredient, which is obviously not healthy. But incorporating some of the tips given below can make it a little healthy snack.
- Instead of using all purpose flour for dipping, you can use gram flour or any other whole grain flour. Just make sure that the flour is smooth and fine to make a paste.
- If you don’t like bread crumbs, just replace it with corn starch. Roll the cheese balls in corn starch and fry them for a crispy and yummy snack.
- You can also use coarse poha powder instead of bread crumbs, to make it a healthier option. Just blend the poha in a jar and you are ready with the poha powder. Make sure that the powder should be fine like suji.
- Instead of deep fry you can bake the cheese balls in a microwave at 200°C for 15 minutes. You can also opt for an air frying method.
Variations in the recipe of cheese balls
Here are some variations you can do in the recipe for cheese potato balls:
- You can use sweet potatoes instead of boiled potatoes in the recipe of potato cheese balls. But, remember that these cheese balls will taste sweet in this case.
- You can make chicken cheese balls, by just adding minced chicken in the recipe of potato cheese balls. Just roll some cheese cubes in minced chicken. Also add potatoes for binding purposes.
- You can also skip potatoes and make cheese balls with just bread. For this you have to cut a ball in small triangles and dip it in milk or water to make it moist. Place the cheese cubes in the centre and make a ball of it by bringing the corners together. Roll it in a flour and bake it.
- You can also make corn cheese balls by adding boiled corn with cheese cubes in the middle of the potato ball.
Tips for the recipe of potato cheese balls
Here are some tips for a lip smacking recipe of cheese potato balls:
- While boiling potatoes, don’t over cook them. Over cooked and soggy potatoes makes the mixture moist and it will need more bread crumbs, which can alter the taste of the snack.
- You can also add some indian spices in the mixture, like garam masala and kasuri methi.
- Potatoes with high starch content, makes the snack more delicious.
Step by Step Process for the recipe of cheese balls
Follow the simple step for the amazing recipe of cheese balls. You can make this recipe for cheese balls by deep frying, pan frying and air frying method.
Preparation Time: 15minutes
Cook Time : 20 minutes
Total Time : 35 minutes
Course : Snack
Cuisine : International
For Cheese Balls
- Potatoes 250 gram
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- ½ tsp italian herbs
- 6 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- Oil for frying
- ½ tsp italian herbs
- 1 cup cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp corn flour
Preparation for cheese balls
- Boil the potatoes. Remember the potatoes should not be mushy.
- Remove the skin of the potatoes. Keep them aside for 15 minutes. Let them cool down completely.
- Mash the potatoes using a masher or you can grate them. While mashing, make sure there should be no lumps left.
- Add all the spices, garlic paste and bread crumbs to it.
- Mix them well, so that mixture must bind together. Make a big ball of the mixture.
- Divide the mixture in 10-12 small balls of equal size.
- In a bowl mix together italian herbs, chilli flakes and spice powder. Toss some cheese in the mixture and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and make a paste of corn flour by adding some water to it. The paste should not be too thick. The consistency should be thin so that the ball can dip into it.
How to make cheese balls
- Take the mixture of potato balls in your hand and pat it in your palm, so that it spreads evenly.
- Place the cheese cubes in the centre of the mixture.
- Being the corners together to make a ball. Seal well the balls.
- Roll the finished ball in bread crumbs and then dip it in the corn flour paste.
- Again roll the ball in bread crumbs.
- Similarly make all cheese balls.
- Now take a deep pan and pour oil for frying.
- Heat the oil on medium flame.
- When the oil becomes hot, gently slide the balls in the pan.
- Stir them gently, cook them until it turns golden brown.
- Remove them in a plate.
- Serve them hot.
The recipe of potato cheese balls have following nutritional value:
|Nutrients||Amount per serving|
This article contains information about the recipe of cheese potato balls, recipe of cheese corn balls, recipe of cheese potato balls.
For more information like the recipe for cheese balls, keep visiting the website.
Also Check: Recipe of garlic bread