The recipe of watermelon juice is one of the best thirst quenchers and an instant home remedy for sunstroke during the summer season. Watermelon is made up of 92% water, which is really beneficial during summer to keep you hydrated. The recipe of watermelon juice is a quick and easy recipe. It is one such recipe which can be made with different ways to keep you hydrated. And the best part of the recipe is that you don’t need a fancy juicer to make the juice. Just a few toss in a blender and your juice is ready.
Let’s have a look at the recipe for watermelon juice.
Recipe of watermelon juice
The recipe of watermelon juice is a nery easy recipe, which doesn’t need much of your time. This easy watermelon juice drink is really a cool and hydrating drink. You can make the drink in different variants by adding coconut water, lemon or basil seeds(sabka).
Keeping yourself hydrated in summer is an essential part to keep yourself fit and healthy.
Hydration gives you the required energy and also helps in making your skin glow.
Before going to the recipe for watermelon juice, let’s first know about the benefits of watermelon juice.
Benefits of watermelon juice
We all love eating watermelon during summer season. You probably have known that watermelon is mostly just made up of water. Besides the water content this fruit has other benefits. Here are some of the benefit of drinking watermelon juice.
- The obvious one is that the juice helps in staying hydrating. It contains 92% of water, which is really important to stay hydrated in the summer season.
- Watermelon is low in calories. A cup of watermelon contains only 48 calories.
- It also contains a high amount of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, potassium and magnesium.
- Watermark is also rich in lycopene which gives fruits and vegetables their red pigment. It helps in preventing cardiovascular disease.
- Vitamin A present in watermelon encourages the growth of collagen which results in good skin health.
- It also helps in lowering the Inflammation and helps in getting you distress.
How to make Watermelon Juice
Follow these simple steps below for the recipe for watermelon juice.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time : 15 minutes
Course : Beverages and Drinks
Cuisine : World
Servings : 4 glass
- 1 Watermelon
- Rock salt or black salt
- Chaat masala
- Rose petal jam or sugar (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Cut the rind off the watermelon cut it into small cubes. Remove the seeds.
- In a blender add the chopped watermelon and blend for about 1 minute, until its completely become liquid.
- In a large bowl, place a mesh strainer. Pour the watermelon juice in the strainer. Let the juice drain out. Also, rock the strainer from side to side to encourage more juice to come out.
- Don’t use the strainer to press the content. Doing so will allow the pulp to get through.
- If you want then add some chaat masala and black salt.
- Serve the juice in glasses topped with ice cubes and rose petals.
- For fasting, add some rock salt/ sendha namak.
- You can skip the straining step if you prefer pulp in your juice.
How long does the Watermelon Juice last?
Recipe for watermelon juice tastes best just after making it. But any leftover watermelon juice can be stored in the refrigerator for upto three days. It can also be stored for upto one month, by freezing it. Make sue to freeze in a freezer safe air tight container.
Variations in Watermelon Juice
While the recipe of watermelon juice simply tastes too good, but adding some different combinations makes it more yummy and delicious. Here are some variations you can add in the recipe for watermelon juice:
- Watermelon Lemonade- It is a combination of watermelon and lemon juice. Just add some lemon juice to the recipe of watermelon juice. You can also add sugar, if you want it more sweet.
- Watermelon Cucumber Juice- These two ingredients are high in water content, which makes a beat drink for hydrating yourself in hot summer.
- Mint Watermelon ginger juice- Adding ginger and mint leaves in the watermelon juice recipe, makes it more tasty. The pungent taste of ginger gives you a more refreshing taste.
- Watermelon Pineapple Juice- The sweet and tangy flavour of pineapple will make your watermelon juice more tasty .
- Mixed Fruit Juice- You can add other summer fruits to the watermelon juice like mangoes, kiwi, orange and make a mixed fruit juice. Not only it enhance the taste but also the nutritional value of the juice.
- Watermelon Sangria- Add in your favourite wine to the recipe of watermelon juice with sugar syrup, lemon and orange slices and your drink is ready.
- Watermelon Mojito- Add mint leaves, lemon juice and soda to your watermelon juice and make it a more refreshing drink.
- A Watermelon Martini- Combination of watermelon, vodka , lime and sugar syrups makes a delicious martini. Try this and it will become your favourite drink.
- Watermelon Margarita- It is a delicious combination of watermelons juice, White Tequila, lime juice and sugar syrup.
The recipe for watermelon juice has following nutritional value:
|Nutrition||Amount per serving||% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||6401 IU||128%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||1mg||59%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B9 (Folate)||34ug||9%|
*Percent Daily value are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This article contains information about how to make watermelon Juice, recipe for watermelon juice.
For more information like the recipe of watermelon juice, keep visiting the website.
For Recipe of Apple Pie. Click here